Traver IDC has been repairing electrical motors through 1000 HP and up to 575V since 1938. Drop off at two convenient locations or call us for pick up. We can diagnose any problem and provide a fast estimate. Most motors can be back to you in 3-5 business days. Rush and expedited services are also available.
Our motor repair technical capabilities include the repair and service of AC motors, DC motors, DC generators, eddy current units of all manufacturers, gear reducers and gear motors, hoist pumps, welders and many other types of mechanical equipment. We specialize in the repair and service of AC and DC servo motors, encoders, resolvers, and tachometers.
Our outstanding quality and workmanship allows us to offer a 2 year warranty on all rewinds. This is unprecedented in our industry.
Our 17 highly skilled motor mechanics, machinists, and motor rewind specialists have over 300 years of experience servicing electrical motors and generators for the CT industrial market place.
The Traver IDC Motor Repair Services include:
The Traver IDC Motor Repair Facility capacity information is as follows:
Floor Space and Layout
- 14,000 sq.ft.
- Separation of Critical Tasks
- Isolation of Dipping & Baking Rooms
- Isolation of Winding Room
- (14) Cranes and Hoists
- Maximum Capacity - (2) Five Ton Cranes in our High Bay Area
Dip Tanks (Two Dip Tanks)
- Tank One Volume - 20" x 20" x 40" HI (65 Gallons)
- Tank Two Volume - 44" x 56" x 32" HI (300 Gallons)
- Material - Epoxy Varnish, Water Based
- Manner of Impregnation - Preheat, Dip & Bake, VPI
- Burn Out Oven - 48" x 48" x 48"
- Bake Oven #1 - 36" x 36" x 36"
- Bake Oven #2 - 64" x 50" x 60"
Additional Special Motor Repair Capabilities include:
- U.L Certified to repair hazardous area equipment (Explosion Proof)
- Commutator Profiling
- Servo Repair and Testing (All types and makes)
- Core Loss Testing
- Factory Authorized Warranty Repair Center for GE, Baldor, and U.S. Motors
- Polarization Index Test
- Surge Comparison Winding Analysis
- Inverter Duty Rated Magnet Wire used on all rewinds of 254 frame and above
Some of our Motor Repair Clients include:
151-165 Homer St., Waterbury, CT 06704
t 203.753.5103 | f 203.573.9352
Copyright © Traver IDC. All rights Reserved. Design and hosting by WORX.